It seems that I'm now paying for all the time spent on the semi-disruptive "family affairs" that took place the previous weeks. There seems like there's an endless list of things to be done and as soon as I take a deep breath I have to plunge right in to the next task.
Not that I am blaming my family, none of it is their fault, really. Plus I'm still keeping myself maintained at a fairly decent level of cheeriness, so it looks like I'll manage.
I was actually looking at Bacardi a few days ago and found myself thinking about Tofu and Tori's ham-dynasty that's been going on for over two years now? I caught myself counting back generations and litters and I realised that I really had to find a way to track everything now that we are in our 6th generation of our original breeding line, and preparing for our 7th, before things get harder and harder to remember.
So I googled, wondering why I didn't think of it earlier and I downloaded a handful of the more promising ones. I trialed most of them and decided to stick with Tenset's.
My trouble now is deciding which one of Tenset's to use: Pedigree Assistant(generic) or Breeders Assistant for Hamsters >___>
Like half of me is tempted to stick to the generic one as it is so much simpler to use and create my own system but the other half of me is convinced the Hamster one is more appropriate?
I know I'm very possibly being a bit too particular about which software because they are still from the same publisher?
But heck, if I'm going to keep hamstery records, they shall be kept properly. (Funny how all this came about because of a similar statement: "..heck, if I'm going to allow my hamsters to breed, they shall form a proper breeding line." *rolls eyes*)
We just took home two Pudding hamsters today too, to partner those already in our dynasty. One of them, the boy, was actually given to us in an empty, instant cup-noodle bowl!!
I lost my heart to him the INSTANT I opened the lid to find him all flopped out, snoozing with his feet and paws in the air, utterly carefree.
I decided to name him Myojo on the spot :P Myojo - my instantly loveable hammy.
His sister was in a lidded box, looking fairly identical to him, and equally good-natured. But Myojo really resembles Mochi, in more ways than tub :P And so I think I'm already partial :P
Myojo is also a perfect name for Mitsuba's partner, which he is going to be :P M & M :D
Steph suggested I name Myojo's sister Butterscotch because I'm intending to place her with Butternut :P
Anyway I am off to bed, it has been a fulfilling day, no not just because more hammies arrived. But because I managed to get tons done! I hope I can get just as much done tomorrow :)
- 22 October 2008 3:16am -
No comments:
Post a Comment